9th Computer New Course Networks Unit-03
3.1 Choose the correct option.
- The IPv4 address is made up of ____________________ binary bits.
iii. 32 (Correct Answer)
2. Routing is the process of taking data from one device and sending it to another device in different ____________________.
ii. Network (Correct Answer)
3. DHCP stands for ____________________.
i. Data Hosting Computer Protocol
ii. Dynamic Host Computer Protocol
iii. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (Correct Answer)
iv. None of the above
4. Communications protocols cover ____________________.
ii. Error detection
iv. Above all (Correct Answer)
5. The receiver must be capable of accepting the ____________________.
ii. Message (Correct Answer)
3.2 Fill in the blanks.
- A ____________________ is a computer device that accesses a service made available by a server.
2. ____________________ allow users to communicate using e-mail, newsgroups, etc.
Answer: Mail server
3. Web browsers and web servers function together as a ____________________ system.
4. A protocol defines ____________________ and ____________________ for communication between a sender and a receiver.
Answer: rules and regulations
5. Routers connect multiple ____________________ together.
6. Every data packet has a ____________________ addresses.
7. IP addressing must be understood as part of the ____________________ for conversions over the Internet.
8. Email stands for ____________________.
Answer: electronic mail
9. In a computer network, devices are connected through communication ____________________.
10. A ____________________ accesses a service made available by a server.
3.3 Write short answers.
- How client and server communicate with each other?
Answer: Client and Server communication
A server provides the services and the client get those services. A client application requests some services from another application, which acts as a server. When we access a website, we get required contents on our screen served by a server.
A client is a process that accesses a service provided by a server. The client provides a user interface to carry out actions, like username and password. It forwards requests to the server, which in return provides the required service.
A Server is a physical computer dedicated to run services to serve the needs of its clients. Depending on the service that is running, it could be a ftp server, database server, print server, or a web server.
2. What are the main components of communication?
Answer: Components of Communication:
A communication system is used to transfer data from one point to the other. The process of data transmission has well-defined steps and they are executed in a particular sequence. For example, if you want to send your picture from your computer or cell phone to someone else, you need a communication system. The main components of a communication system are described below.
Sender is a device that initiates the communication process. It sends messages consisting of text, numbers, pictures etc. It is also called source or transmitter, normally, a computer is used as a sender in a communication system.
A receiver is a device that receives as message. It is also called sink. The receiver can be a computer, printer or another device. The receiver must be capable of accepting a message.
Message is the data or information to be communicated. It may consist of text, numbers, pictures, sound, video or any combination of these.
A protocol is a formal agreement between two parties. A network protocol is a formal arrangement between two computers to send and receive information.
- Transmission Medium
Medium is the physical path that connects a sender and a receiver. It is used to transmit data.
3. How telephone addressing relate with network addressing?
Suppose you want to make a phone call to your friend, before calling, you need to know exact telephone address that is the telephone number of your friend. On the Internet, the telephone number corresponds to an IP address (Internet Protocol). Like a telephone number, all IP addresses are unique, each device gets its own unique IP address when it gets connected to the Internet.
4. What is the difference between static and dynamic IP?
Answer: Difference between static and dynamic IP address
If an IP address of a device is fixed in a network, it is called a static IP address, and if each time a new connection is made a new IP address is assigned, it is called a dynamic IP address.
5. Define communication channel.
Answer: Communication Channel
A communication channel is the channel where two or more devices can communicate with each other. They can share image, text, audio, video, Emails etc.
6. Describe the working of web browser.
Answer: Working of web browser
Web browser are used to access the World Wide Web easily. Web browsers and web servers function together as a client-server system.
We sent request to web server through web browsers and in return web server serve with the required result through web browser.
7. What is the difference between point-to-point and multipoint connection?
Answer: Difference between point-to-point and multipoint connection
A point-to-point connection is a direct link only between two devices, i.e. a sender and a receiver, while in a multipoint connection, there is a link between a sender and multiple receivers. So, more devices can share a single link.
8. What is application sharing? Answer with the help of an example.
Answer: Application Sharing
Application can be shared over the network. It means many users can use the same application simultaneously. For example, in a banking system, bank employees, managers, ATM (Automated Teller Machine) can use the same application. The bank balance of any account holder updated immediately.
9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of star topology over bus topology?
Answer: Advantages of star topology over bus topology
- Data transmission in star topology is fast, while in bus topology data transmission is slow.
- Start topology can manage high traffic, while Bus topology cannot manage high traffic volume.
Disadvantages of star topology over bus topology
- Star topology has high implementation cost as compare to Bus topology because of
central hub and extra wires require for connection.
- Data first sent from source device to central hub, then data forwarded from central hub to destination device, while in bus topology data is directly sent from source device to destination device.
10. In a client server model, is client software or hardware? Give reasons to support your answer.
In client server model, a client is a hardware like cell phone, laptop and computers etc., and the software which is running inside this hardware is the process which make it client.
Buy Best Stationery Products in Pakistan
Piano Ballpoint Pen
ORO Trimetal Pencil
Dollar Clipper Pen
UHU 10×7 ml Pack of 10 PCs
Glue Stick 8g Pack Of 12 PCs
Color Pencils Box of 12 PCs
For more stationery items please visit : https://stationerystore.pk